- Went for a walk longer than half a block. He had a pretty good loose leash 'cause he has such tiny legs! We just had to keep jollying him along with lots of funny noises.
- Met somewhat with a "punk haircut," an official CCI socialization task! Thanks, Sam. Sam is very good at jollying puppies along on walks. Maybe it's the hair?
- Went to a sidewalk cafe. We wore him out so he was content to spill his water and sleep in the mud puddle he created. Iced coffee is the July puppy-raiser's best friend. Actually, Kaytee had iced coffee and I had (really!) a kale smoothie.
- Met a baby. He was way more interested in the straps dangling from the carrier than its plump little legs. Way to go, little guy!
- Hear the ice cream truck while out on a walk. It's the only thing so far that's genuinely perturbed him. Ambulances, trolleys, far-off fireworks, pfft. But ice cream truck music? Yipe!
- Met a puppy in the neighborhood and played with her very sweetly. He's bigger but she has 9 months to his 8 weeks!
- Had his first photo shoot. Kaytee's a photographer, so it's good the flash didn't bother him one bit.
|Here we are on our walk. Look at him go on that loose leash!|
|Here we are at the cafe. He made such a mess.|
|Here I am carrying Orent home. He was so tired from all his adventures, and very dirty!|
|This is from the photo shoot. He looks like he's trying to say something to us... perhaps he wants us to know that it's his bone?|
|Orent inspects the camera. The lens now has a nice nose print.|