Saturday, March 24, 2012

The best compliment yet!

There comes a time in every great service-dog-in-training's life where he or she achieves something no one thought would be possible -- he becomes invisible!

Today, Orent was invisible in plain sight at the liquor store. We stood in an insanely long line waiting to buy wine, and he was right by my side. When we got to the register, the lady said "uh, manager, there's a dog here." and the manager looked right at me and said "what? where?" Hard to believe she missed him, but he was right by my side and she didn't notice him for a few seconds.

I explained that he was in training, and she said "ok, fine". She must've been convinced by his good behavior or something, because she was super skeptical but she let him continue along.

But of course, all good things come to an end. Right now, he's tearing up and down the hallway chasing his tennis ball, making a massive racket that is undoubtedly driving my downstairs neighbors nuts. I bet they wish he was invisible for real!

UPDATE: while I was writing this post, he finished eating the head off his frog friend. This, if you're keeping track, is actually Frog Friend II. Frog Friend I died a slow, painful death as he was ripped limb from limb over the course of several months. Frog Friend II lost his head in less than two weeks! Poor Frog Friend II.

No comments:

Post a Comment